Wednesday 11 March 2015

A New Beginning

Welcome to my reflection space on Information and Communication Technologies for Learning Design. It is a little surreal to be on the student side of reflective blogs. I have been doing contract marking for CQUni, so I have reviewed and read quite a number of blog entries. Admittedly these were for Accounting courses (which can be a bit of a dry subject sometimes), so Teaching plus IT gadgets and gizmos is going to be a much more fun topic, right?! ....Well I think so!

It was interesting to talk to some of the part time GDLT students at Res School, who are in their final year and had already studied this course. Some talked about being unprepared for the amount of time that was required, or how difficult it was to learn all the new IT stuff. I can see the validity of both of these opinions, however I also think it will be valuable and fun to have a play with these new techniques and technologies. It will be nice to have a genuine reason for blocking out some play time for this course in my busy schedule.


No comments:

Post a Comment